Meet Your New Studio Hub
Meet Mission Control of your home and mobile recording setup: the Audient iD14 MKII USB-C audio interface. Whether you’re accessing its bus-powered Class A mic preamps and class-leading conversion or taking advantage of its ADAT optical input to achieve an additional eight channels of external preamplification, this 10-in/6-out interface has the tools you need to get great tones in any environment — from podcasting and vlogging to multi-mic drum recording. The iD14 MKII also features an analog JFET DI to simultaneously capture the depth and dimension of a guitar or accompaniment instrument. We at Sweetwater are pleased to report that this latest version of Audient’s iD14, the MKII, packs even better audio conversion, zippy USB 3.0 transmission speeds, and a future-looking USB-C connection for greater compatibility with modern laptops and tablets. Two studio-grade headphone outputs and a console-style monitor control supply trustworthy track monitoring and audiophile music reproduction. Then there’s Audient’s intuitive ScrollControl virtual scroll wheel, which lets you use the iD14 MKII’s big volume knob to tweak DAW and plug-in parameters and even dim your monitor outputs on command. Also new for MKII is Audient’s fully loaded ARC software suite, which gives you instruments, cab sims, plug-in FX, and Steinberg’s Cubase upon product registration. Take it from recording engineers at Sweetwater: the Audient iD14 brought major value to the home and mobile studio. And with Audient’s iD14 MKII USB-C audio interface, there’s even more to love in this little box.
Sales Engineers at Sweetwater have been turning our customers onto Audient’s iD14 interfaces for years. Now, the iD14 MKII brings even better performance and modern USB 3.0 transmission speeds to this impressive little box. Here’s what’s new for MKII.
- Updated cosmetics — A sleek new gunmetal housing and cleaner top-down interface gives the iD14 MKII a look and workflow that are better built to stand the test of time in your studio.
- USB 3.0 speeds — With a data transmission cap that’s 10 times higher than its predecessor, the iD14 MKII boasts a much snappier connection to your laptop. This translates to lower latency and much-reduced round-trip speeds.
- Forward-looking USB-C connection — A USB-C to USB-C connection (cable included) makes the MKII version of the iD14 compatible with even more modern devices on the market. It’s completely USB 3.0 bus powered, so you can produce great music and content beyond the studio walls.
- Even better audio performance — The previous iD14 was one of the cleanest and quietest interfaces in its class. We’re pleased to report that the iD14 MKII is even better, with an improved dynamic range on both the ADC (+5dB) and DAC (+9dB). This means, whether you’re tracking or monitoring, the MKII is your key to a cleaner, quieter studio.
- Studio-grade headphone amp — A new 600Ω headphone amplifier with dual independent outputs (1/4″ and 1/8″) makes the iD14 the ideal front end for track monitoring to casual listening.
- Free ARC software suite — Thanks to its included software bundle, the iD14 MKII is an even better option for budding songwriters and producers. Registering your product online gets you access to Steinberg’s Cubase DAW, the Two Notes Wall of Sound cab simulation, a host of virtual instruments from Waldorf and Gforce, and three introductory courses from Produce Like a Pro.
World-class mic preamps
The iD14 MKII brings two of Audient’s discrete Class A console mic preamps — the very same found in its ASP8024-HE recording consoles — to your home studio. And trust Sweetwater when we say that these things sound killer. Audient uses the same Class A mic preamp design throughout their product range, so whether you’re in the studio working on an Audient board or on the road with your iD14 MKII, you can count on world-class Audient sonics.
For the best possible sound, both the DAC and ADC have been improved in the Audient iD14 MKII, boasting an even higher dynamic range at both conversion stages. The result is stunningly transparent sound, through headphones or studio monitors, with just a hint of ear-tickling analog coloration. It’s the ideal prescription for stellar studio sound.
Instrument-grade JFET DI
Instrument inputs on lesser interfaces can leave something to be desired. But not the Audient iD14 MKII. Its transistor-driven JFET direct injection input is engineered to reproduce the rich harmonics and deep fundamentals of your guitar, bass, or keyboard, whether you’re capturing the sound au naturale or feeding it into an amp modeler.PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS
Computer Connectivity: USB 3.0 Form Factor: Desktop Simultaneous I/O: 10 x 6 Number of Preamps: 2 x mic Phantom Power: Yes A/D Resolution: Up to 24-bit/96kHz Analog Inputs:1 x 1/4″ (instrument), 2 x XLR-1/4″ combo (mic/line) Analog Outputs: 4 x 1/4″ (2 x stereo) Digital Inputs: 1 x Optical Toslink (ADAT) Headphones: 1 x 1/4″, 1 x 1/8″ USB: 1 x USB-C Software: ARC software suite OS Requirements – Mac: OS X 10.11.6 or later OS Requirements – PC: Windows 7 SP1 or later Bus Powered: Yes Power Supply: USB bus powered Height: 2.44″ Width: 6.81″ Depth: 4.72″ Weight: 1.69 lbs. Manufacturer Part Number: iD14 MrkII